Sunday, September 12, 2010

Feelin Good

For some reason, I’ve been having a difficult time writing about our 77 mile ride last week. So this one is going to be short, sweet and to the point. Please bear with me.

On Monday, Sept 6th, (Labor Day) Brad, Allison and I did a 77 mile bike ride. We started at Fred Meyers in Nampa cycled out to the Boise Airport, past Birds of Prey entrance back to Nampa, around Lake Lowell, back to Fred Meyer. WOW! Amazing ride! This was the first time that I didn’t take a nap after a ride because I actually had energy left over. I’m not saying I didn’t hurt-just had energy.

We passed Roy and Sue’s house, Diana and Ken’s house, Dan and Julie’s house, and Mom and Dad’s house. At one of our stops to re-fill water bottles, Alicia was walking in to the convenience store, so she stopped and talked with us for a little while before heading off to slide down the Bruneau Sand Dunes with her kids.

I didn’t see any snakes, on this trip-could be that when we started, it was about 45°F and didn’t get any warmer than 69°F that day.

Well, I’m out the door for our 100 mile ride here shortly. More to come on that.

77.19 miles, 5 hours 28 minutes. 14.1 mph Average Speed. 91 (more like 36) mph Max Speed. Total Miles on my bike: 674.6.

No comments:

Post a Comment