Saturday, July 7, 2012

Motivation


It is 5:00 on Saturday morning, and the last thing I want to do is get up. I hit the snooze on my alarm and roll over.  The blissful 9 minutes are much too short, so I hit the snooze one more time. While I’m waiting for the 9 minutes to tick by, I’m hearing ducks in the canal, quacking, ducklings peeping, birds are chirping, cars are whirring-already starting to make their way down the street about a block away from my house, crickets are cricketing, oh, and there’s the mourning dove-one of my favorites. The alarm goes off again and I roll over to look at my phone. Still dreaming about the place between sleep and awake, an email catches my eye. 

The email is from a lady who rode in America’s Most Beautiful Bike Ride with Team in Training the year before my first experience.  She rode again this year, not with TNT, but with her sister who was riding with TNT.  Here’s what the email said:

Your Goldilocks ticket is going out in the mail tomorrow.  I also enclosed a check from a friend who wanted to help LLS when she found I was doing Tahoe again. I asked if I could give her donation to you for your marathon, and she was happy to help out.  Please accept this donation on behalf of her father who passed away from cancer.  Thanks!

Blessings,
M

Thanks, M and friend. Just the motivation I needed to get out of bed and go for a run this morning.  See ya on the road. 

No comments:

Post a Comment