Monday, April 25, 2011

Half Century

Alarm

Snooze

Alarm

Snooze

Alarm

Get up

Feed the dog

Prepare and eat breakfast-consisting of toasted English muffin with homemade marionberry jam and egg, banana, water

Put cycling clothes on

Let the dog out

Pump up front bicycle tire

Rotate back bicycle tire to pump it up

Notice that back tire has a bulge in it

Flat as a pancake

Pump it up

Let the dog in

Load the bike in the car-hoping the tire will hold air

Load me in the car with all gear, food, and drink

Drive to meeting point

Unload bike

Flat rear tire

Received help changing the tube (THANK YOU!)

Decided not to wear leg warmers

Decided to wear my windbreaker

Communication throughout the ride: Going! Stopping! Spitting! Trailer! (Laughing) 8 seconds!

Cheered on TNT runners running a mock marathon “GO TEAM! WOHOOOOO!”

Started up the 4 mile climb of Hilltop

Passed like I was standing still-which I practically was at 6.5 mph (but was asked “Good morning, are you doing ok?” by the passer

C-c-c-c-cold.

Wishing I had my leg warmers, wondering how I can wrap myself around my knees to keep them warm and still ride.

Glad I had my windbreaker

Cheered on to the top of hilltop by those before me and waited and cheered for those behind me

Gathered together and headed down the other side to the end of the pavement before Arrow Rock dam

Frozen by the time we hit the bottom-I’m sure my teeth were chattering

Warmed up as we got into the more sheltered area on the way to the end of the pavement

Hit the end of the pavement and turn around.

Get out of the sheltered area of the pavement and notice that it’s a little cool, but not too bad

Start climbing the mammoth backside of hilltop

4.5mph (uugh)

Tried to get my cadence up

Burning legs

Slowed down

Cheered up to the top without sucking wind

Clapped and whooped it up for those behind coming to the top

Allison met us at the top

Downhill and flat the rest of the way back to the car

Urban assault (Group sticking together to get through stoplights downtown)

Negotiation of traffic

Crossing the street and I almost fell over while traffic was waiting

Lots of Laughing, talking, enjoying the day

Feel great

51.3 miles

4 hours 6 minutes.

12.4 Average Speed.

32 Max Speed.

Total Miles on my bike: 1317.2

1 flat tire

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm. . . fairly accurate description, but I remember a lot of joyful and fun times, too!!! Perhaps we can read this tale from another perspective? What about the awesome urban assault and negotiation of traffic? The fun interaction with TNT runners? The teamwork and support for one another? :-)

    You rode awesome--it is not always about time--that was a pretty intense ride and I thought the team did great!!!!

    ReplyDelete