Thursday, September 15, 2011

Kaua'i Sept 2-9, 2011

On Sept 2nd, I embarked on a trip that would include several “first times” for me. My dad picked me up and took me to the airport at 5:00am. (Thank you, Dad!). When I got there, the line through security was incredibly busy, not to mention mostly colored in blue and orange. The majority of the travelers were headed to Atlanta for the BSU game. Though it would have been fun to be headed towards Atlanta for the game, I was happy and excited to be headed to the island of Kaua’i.

Standing in that blue and orange line, I overheard someone ask, “Do you see Karin or anyone?” I looked to my right, thinking, “I know the name Karin,” and saw Paul and Barb in the line immediately next to me. I verbalized, “Hey! I know you!” (I had met them once, in a meeting about this trip.) I jumped over into their line and we went through security together. We all went to Becky’s gate and greeted her, then Paul and Barb went to their gate. Pretty soon, here comes Kathie. We left Becky at her gate because it was getting close to boarding time, and Kathie and I headed off to our gate.

2 hours later, Kathie and I land in Phoenix. How Phoenix is on the way to Kauai, you got me. After 7 hours, the 4th Pirates of the Caribbean movie, And “Just Wright”, we landed on Kauai.

2:00pm Kauai time (6:00pm Boise time): First order of business-locate Paul and Barb. They were off getting the rental car (Jeep). Next order of business, get to the timeshare, see if we can check in early, and drop our luggage off. Next, off to the shops to get groceries. This ended in the early evening, and we came back and put groceries away. After that, the evening was a blur (and no, not because of yummy umbrella drinks). I think we all sat around and talked for a little while, planning the schedule for Saturday, then went to bed. (The sun comes up about 6:00 or 6:30am there and goes down at 6:30pm.)

No comments:

Post a Comment