Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Imagination and Peace

Gorgeous evening. Clear blue sky. 81° F. Burning muscles and lungs for the first 5 miles (as always). A little jittery on the chip sealed roads. Smell of hay, mint, farm, wet dirt, water, flowers. Butterfly fluttering around a bush-hanging over an irrigation canal-gurgling on it’s merry way down hill. Horses grazing. Birds singing. Robin with a sense of deadly(?) adventure as it swoops down in front of me leaving only about 3 feet to spare. Imagined a bird head in my mouth, tail sticking out, feathers flying everywhere. Reality-the bird wasn’t that high up in the air. I would have hit it with my tire if it hadn’t flown out of the way.

Turned left and-Pbt pfbtttttt pppppfffffbbbt! Little bugs hitting my face, glasses, arms, sticking to my chap stick. Trying not to inhale, but you can only go so long without breathing when your heart rate is at about 140. Envisioned smiling and seeing nothing but black due to teeth being covered with bugs. Whew! Through the bugs. Finished on that road, turned around and headed home. No traffic? Attempt to take a picture of myself while riding. Aaaaah! Home. Pooch was extremely happy to see me. Now she’s off snoring, which is where I am now headed.

No comments:

Post a Comment