Sunday, July 11, 2010

In Memory Of...

This weekend, I came face to face (once again) with the reality of why I am training for this ride and raising funds to find a cure for LLS. My list of whom I am riding in honor of and in memory of has changed a little.

I am riding in memory of the following:

Phyllis Keeton (CLL) Isaiah Rodriguez (AML) Family Member (Lung Cancer)

I am riding in honor of the following:

Family members who have survived and remain cancer free from different types of cancers Friends who are currently fighting: Randy (Leukemia)

I am sad to announce that my riding in memory of list has lengthened. Dan (Lung, Liver and Brain Cancer) passed away on Friday, July 9th at 3:30 in the afternoon. His daughter, my friend, with the blessing of her Dad and family went forward with her plans and had her wedding rehearsal at 6:00 that evening. I was honored to be present for her wedding on Saturday. Literally, by the grace of God, and only with His strength, this family was able to genuinely celebrate my friends wedding in the midst of mourning. I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment