Friday, March 25, 2011

Hello, Muscle, Have We Met?

Our assistant coach arranged to do core/cross training as a team on Thursday evenings, which began tonight. There were two of us that showed up besides him, and there were a lot of laughs. Most of the giggles came from me. Some of the exercises that we did reminded me of PE in school, and some of them were completely new to me. He would tell us what we were going to do and then proceeded to show us. I’m sure that I had the deer in the headlights look every-so-often. Come to find out, some of the things we were doing were yoga exercises-which has been completely foreign to me…until tonight, that is. Macey was the other participant and she was such an encourager, and would give me helpful hints. I have never thought of myself as being overly coordinated, and I would get in a position, and then I’d crumple, fall, and laugh. I love that I can usually laugh at myself.

2 hours later, I still have legs that feel like jelly. I’m sure that I will be reintroduced to muscles that I had forgotten that I’ve met before tomorrow. This is a good thing. After all, “pain is weakness leaving the body,” right? I look forward to more Thursday evening training sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment