Thursday, June 24, 2010

Blow Out...

…and I’m not talking bicycle tires. Ever have one of those days when everything is clipping along just so? You feel good, happy dust is in the air…and then, what’s that? In only a moment something in the air changes. Something feels a little off, so you start investigating and low and behold…

Today I had gone home for lunch to spend a little time with my dog. After lunch, I went back to work. Arriving at the office building, I parked the car, walked in the door, up the stairs, to my office and sat down. Upon sitting, something didn’t feel right, so I stood up and proceeded to investigate. Panic, embarrassment, and laughter set in as I realize what has happened. With a nervous giggle, I looked around to see if anyone was within close proximity. The coast was clear, so I quickly headed to the office next to mine where a friend works and looked at her and said, “I have to go home.” She looked up at me and noticing that I’ve got my hand covering something on the back of my leg says, “Did you sit on something?” Quickly, I had to make the decision, do I explain the situation or do I show what has happened. Being the very close friend that she is, I said, “uh, no,” and turned around, to the point that she could see that I was holding my cuffed capris together. Immediate laughter erupted from her mouth, then, composing herself, asked if I would like her to run to my car and grab my sweatshirt so I could wrap it around my waist for the walk out of the building. “YES PLEASE!” Talk about “wardrobe malfunction!”

No comments:

Post a Comment