Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Oh! Beautiful! Gorgeous! Wish you were here!

Tonight I came home from work and had a lovely dinner consisting of slow cooked roast, rice and tossed salad. After letting dinner settle a little bit, I donned the gear, inflated the tires and headed out the door. Looking back through the door, I saw the pooch laying in a sunbeam on the living room floor, staring at me looking dejected. It was a gorgeous evening and not too buggy. My first 5 miles felt really weak, but after that, I felt like I was getting into some sort of a rhythm. About that time, I realized I had done a little bit of cross training this morning, walked 2 miles, did lunges, crunches, core and shoulder strengthening exercises. I think my muscles have finally awakened from their long Winter's nap and are letting themselves be heard. I witnessed near carnage between some sort of bird of prey and some field critter (I didn’t see for sure what the prey was). The critter got away by hiding in the field that had pretty tall plants. The bird? It turned and nearly buzzed my brain bucket! 10 miles, 44 minutes. 13.7 Average Speed. 12.4 Max Speed. Total Miles on my bike: 61.7

No comments:

Post a Comment